Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1201 Śāṇḍilyopaniṣad. / शाण्डिल्योपनिषद्
TitleŚāṇḍilyopaniṣad. / शाण्डिल्योपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1201
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963597023503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation and is a post-Vedic Hindu philosophical treatise influenced by both saṃkhyā and Vedānta schools of philosophy, synthesizing traditions associated with yoga and other contemplative practices in formulating a connection between an understanding of ultimate reality and the individual self (ātman). Text is part of a larger group of late upaniṣads known as the Yoga-upaniṣads.
- Title from colophon (f. 8v).
- Written in 10-14 lines per leaf.
- 8 leaves foliated 1-8, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (8 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: ity āsamupaniṣat // śāṃḍilyopaniṣatsamāptā // tṛtīyo 'dhyāyaḥ // (f. 8v).
- Self (Philosophy)
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1201: Śāṇḍilyopaniṣad. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.