Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1202 Rudropaniṣad / रुद्रोपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1202
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963664863503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation, and is an early work treating a systematic philosophy related to the Vedic deity Rudra, equating him with the Hindu deity Śiva and ultimate philosophical and cosmological principles.
- Title from title abbreviation in margins.
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 11 x 24 cm
ColophonColophon: satyam iti satyam oṃm ity upaniṣat // śrīkṛṣṇārpaṇam astu // (f. 2v).
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Rudra (Hindu deity)
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1202: Rudropaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.