Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1205 Collection of late Vedic upaniṣads and rituals
TitleCollection of late Vedic upaniṣads and rituals
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1205
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963701953503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Collection of late Vedic and possibly medieval upaniṣads which have a philosophical tone and often are couched in narrative, preceded by a work of Vedic ritual instruction.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 17-20 lines per leaf.
- 71 leaves foliated 1-71, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; few corrections or additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; manuscript is oriented in a portrait rather than landscape format and was previously bound at the top with cord or string, giving the impression of a notebook.
Extent1 item (71 leaves) : 13 x 24 cm
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1205: Collection of late Vedic upaniṣads and rituals are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.