Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1207 Ātmopaniṣad / आत्मोपनिषद्
TitleĀtmopaniṣad / आत्मोपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1207
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963664923503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation, and is a Hindu philosophical treatise derived from the Atharvaveda, a work that is largely dedicated to various Hindu and Vedic deities and addresses various household rites and rituals and their interpretation. Text deals with different aspects of the Self (ātman), outlining four different kinds of Self.
- Title from title abbreviation in margins.
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- 3 leaves foliated 1-3, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; metrical accents in red.
Extent1 item (3 leaves) : 12 x 25 cm
- Self (Philosophy)
- Hindu gods
- Gods, Vedic
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1207: Ātmopaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.