Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 121 Darśapūrṇamāsaprayoga / दर्शपूर्णमासप्रयोग
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 121
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958437693503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a guide or manual for hotṛ priests on how to perform the new and full moon sacrifices as laid out by the Baudhāyanīyas according to their texts dealing with public sacrifice, the Śrauta Sūtras.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 44 leaves foliated 1-44, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line. Accents written in red throughout.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (51 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: saṃtiṣṭate darśapūrṇamāsaprayogaḥ // (f. 43v).
- Agnihotra (Hindu rite)
- Hindu priests
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 121: Darśapūrṇamāsaprayoga are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.