Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1224 Sarvopaniṣad / सर्वोपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1224
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963624713503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Philosophical commentary on various upaniṣads, likely from the perspective of Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta school of Hindu philosophy.
- Title from opening verses (f. 1r).
- Written in 11-19 lines per leaf.
- 86 leaves foliated 2-86, upper left and lower right verso, every second leaf numbered.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red through first part of manuscript; vertical margins marked with double black line.
- Watermarks of a fleur-de-lis as well as a crown.
Extent1 item (86 leaves) : 11 x 31 cm
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1224: Sarvopaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.