Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1235 Jīvanmuktiviveka / जीवन्मुक्तिविवेक
TitleJīvanmuktiviveka / जीवन्मुक्तिविवेक
Other related names
- Brahmānandābhidheyabhikṣu, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1235
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963702023503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Philosophical work on Advaita Vedānta about liberation while living in the body (jīvanmukti).
- Manuscript is likely the first 18 folios of Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1186, which begins on f. 19. While this manuscript has a smaller height than Item 1186, there are clear signs of manuscript repair and alteration and it may well have been cut at some point. The scribal hand looks to be the same and there are similar corrective marks in red throughout. The width of the manuscript, moreover, is the same as the beginning folios of 1186, which has folios of several different widths throughout. The line count of both manuscripts is 9-11 lines per leaf side. The paper quality is also the same or similar. These two manuscripts should likely be read together.
- Title from marginal abbreviation (f. 2v).
- Written in 9-11 lines per leaf.
- 18 leaves foliated 1-18, upper left and lower right verso.
- Incipit: śrīgaṇeśāya namaḥ // oṃ namo parabrahmaṇe namaḥ // yasmaniḥ śvasitaṃvedāyovedebhyo khilajagat // (f. 1r).
- Scribe is Brahmānandābhidheyabhikṣu as named on Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1186 (f. 100v), which is likely originally part of this manuscript.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (18 leaves) : 10 x 27 cm
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1235: Jīvanmuktiviveka are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.