Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1250 Yājñīyopaniṣad / याज्ञ्नीयोपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1250
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963703043503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and recitation and is a late Vedic work, a philosophical treatise as well as a poetic work employing Hindu mantras that explore the meaning and nature of the highest disembodied Lord, referred to as Īśvara.
- Title from colophon (f. 1v).
- Written in 10-11 lines per leaf.
- 1 leaf.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 11 x 24 cm
ColophonColophon: iti yājñīyopaniṣat samāptaṃ (f. 1v).
- Hindu mantras
- Hindu gods
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1250: Yājñīyopaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.