Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1254 Sarvopaniṣad / सर्वोपनिषद्
Other related names
- Dāmodarānanda Sarasvātī, associated name
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1254
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963703173503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a late Vedic, Hindu philosophical treatise that explores and questions different aspects of knowledge, reality, the self, states of consciousness, and other philosophical lines of inquiry.
- The name Dāmodarānanda Sarasvātī is written at the end of the manuscript. The identity is unknown, but perhaps a former owner. It is likely not the scribe's name as it is written in a different hand.
- Title from colophon (f. 5r).
- Written in 8 lines per leaf.
- 5 leaves foliated 1-5, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; colophon, incipit, and verse dividers are in red; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (5 leaves) : 9 x 16 cm
ColophonColophon: iti sarvopaniṣatsamāptā // 37 // (f. 5r).
- Self (Philosophy)
- Consciousness--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Hindu mantras
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1254: Sarvopaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.