Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1275 Śataślokī / शतश्लोकी
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1275
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963758163503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Summary of Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta doctrine, in verse. The work is supposed to have over 100 verses according to the title, but this work ends at verse 88. The work is often attributed to the Advaitan sage Śaṅkarācārya, though possibly written by one of his followers.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins, upper left and right verso.
- Written in 9-10 lines per leaf.
- 17 leaves foliated 1-17, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins, some in a second scribal hand; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (17 leaves) : 12 x 23 cm
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1275: Śataślokī are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.