Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1282 Baudhāyanacarakasautrāmaṇīvyākhyā / बौधायनचरकसौत्रामणीव्याख्या
Other related names
- Sadāśiva (Son of Kāśinātha), scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1282
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963918053503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Short extract from a larger work by Baudhāyana, and deals with Vedic rites and ceremonies, expelling evil, and averting bad omens, through the propitiation of Vedic gods; possibly some medical components.
- Title from end title page (f. 8v).
- Written in 11-13 lines per leaf.
- 8 leaves foliated 1-8, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1733 (1811) (f. 8r).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Manuscript is part of a group of manuscripts written by or under the direction of Sadāśiva, along with Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1276, Item 1279, Item 1280, Item 1281, Item 1283, Item 1284, Item 1285, Item 1286, Item 1287, Item 1288, Item 1289, Item 1292, Item 1293, Item 1294, Item 1295, Item 1296, Item 1297, Item 1298, Item 1299, and Item 1300.
- Scribe is Sadāśiva, son of Kāśinātha (f. 8r).
Extent1 item (8 leaves) : 11 x 26 cm
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1282: Baudhāyanacarakasautrāmaṇīvyākhyā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.