Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1312 Pavanapāvana / पवनपावन
Other related names
- Bhāskara Bhaṭṭa Dāḍekara, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1312
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963947833503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Guide for a priest to perform Vedic rites associated with purification, including related mantras for recitation.
- Title from colophon (f. 4r).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1709 (1786) (f. 4r); paper and style appear to be late-19th century, despite the date.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line; red accents for aid in recitation.
- Partial watermarks possibly from a large crest.
- Scribe is Bhāskara Bhaṭṭa Dāḍekara (f. 4r)
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 10 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti pavanapāvanaṃ samāptiṃ agamat // (f. 4r).
- Hinduism--Rituals--Texts--Early works to 1800
- Rites and ceremonies--India--Early works to 1800
- Hindu law--Early works to 1800
- Dharma--Early works to 1800
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1312: Pavanapāvana are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.