Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 132 Śivaprāsādapiṇḍikā pratiṣṭhāpaddhati / शिवप्रासादपिण्डिका प्रतिष्ठापद्धति
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 132
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958497563503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is an instruction manual (paddhati) for use by a priest, describing the installation of religious images of various Hindu deities used in ceremonies of worship and offering, especially those related to the deity Śiva.
- Title from incipit (f. 1v).
- Written in 13-14 lines per leaf.
- 23 leaves foliated 1-23, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Yantra (sacred diagram) of an eight-petaled lotus flower with the name of the deity Brahmā at its center on front page of manuscript: it was part of a separate manuscript and used for backing of the first folio of main manuscript. There is a diagram on the verso of the reinforcement that is covered by the main text (f. 1v).
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (23 leaves) : 12 x 26 cm
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Idols and images--India
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 132: Śivaprāsādapiṇḍikā pratiṣṭhāpaddhati are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- fol. 1r — diagram on f. 1r
3568_0000.tif (46.9 MB)
3568_0000_thumb.jpg (3.9 KB)
3568_0000_web.jpg (243.9 KB)
Decoration: diagram on f. 1r