Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1332 Tṛcapaddhati / तृचपद्धति
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1332
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963979213503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manual of rites, including rules, dharma, and laws, for use by a priest performing praises and oblations to the sun (the Hindu deity Sūrya); performed in the tṛca meter (triplets) typically used in stotra (praise) literature.
- Title from colophon (f. 16r).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 16 leaves foliated 1-16, upper left and lower right verso.
- Date based on watermark; typically manuscripts are written within a few years of the paper's production.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Watermarks of a seal, partial name of a paper company, and the date 1831.
Extent1 item (16 leaves) : 10 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti tṛcapaddhatiḥ / (f. 16r).
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Sūrya (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1332: Tṛcapaddhati are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.