Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1337 Vāstuśāntiprayoga / वास्तुशान्तिप्रयोग
TitleVāstuśāntiprayoga / वास्तुशान्तिप्रयोग
Other related names
- Bhāskara Dāḍekara, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1337
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963979773503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manual including rules of dharma and associated laws for use during the performance of Vedic rites and ceremonies with respect to the creation of sacred spaces, houses, and the like; concerned with appeasing especially domestic deities residing in or presiding over these spaces.
- Title from colophon (f. 3v).
- Written in 10 lines per leaf.
- 3 leaves foliated 1-3, upper left and lower right verso.
- Scribe is Bhāskara Dāḍekara (f. 3v)
- Dated śaka 1738 (1816) (f. 3v).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Watermarks with a crest and the initials G and M below it.
Extent1 item (3 leaves) : 11 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: ity āśvalāyanagṛhyasūtrānusārīvāstuśāṃtiprayogaḥ // (f. 3v).
- Sacred space--India
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1337: Vāstuśāntiprayoga are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.