Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1338 Adbhutaśānti / अद्भुतशान्ति
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1338
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963979883503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is probably from the Baudhāyanasūtra of Baudhāyana and is a manual including rules, laws, and procedures according to the Atharvaveda tradition that are often employed at the time of natural disasters such as earthquakes.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r).
- Written in 10-11 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 11 x 22 cm
ColophonColophon: ity ataśāṃtayaḥ // (f. 4r).
- Earthquakes--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1338: Adbhutaśānti are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.