Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1367 Yajñopavītavidhi / यज्ञोपवीतविधि
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1367
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9964061923503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a manual or guide giving an overview of the regulations (Hindu laws) governing the performance of the sacred thread ceremony according to Vedic tradition.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r).
- Written in 13 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 12 x 17 cm
- Sacred thread ceremony
- Hindu mantras
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1367: Yajñopavītavidhi are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.