Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1384 Piṇḍapitṛyajñaprayoga / पिण्डपितृयज्ञप्रयोग
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1384
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9964092513503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manual and associated rules and laws (dharma) for use by a priest or family member making offerings of rice balls (piṇḍa) to deceased ancestors.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 11-12 lines per leaf.
- 7 leaves foliated 1-7, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Partial watermark, possibly part of a coat of arms that looks like a wing.
Extent1 item (7 leaves) : 11 x 16 cm
ColophonColophon: iti piṃḍapitṛyajñaprayogaḥ // (f. 7v).
- Death--India--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Ancestor worship--India
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1384: Piṇḍapitṛyajñaprayoga are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.