Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1427 Aduḥkhanavamīvratakathā / अदुःखनवमीव्रतकथा
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1427
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958065983503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used from private or public recitation, prayer, and observance during the month of Bhādra (August/September) of rites employed to ward off problems (aduḥkha), such as evil and sin, for the coming year. It includes a section called the Pūjāvidhi, on worshiping the goddess Parvātī, as well as a section on mythology related to the observance.
- Written in 9-11 lines per leaf.
- 6 leaves foliated 1-6, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (6 leaves) : 11 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīskaṃdapurāṇe vyāsaṛṣisaṃvāde aduḥkhanavamīvratakathāsamāptaḥ // cha // śubhaṃbhavatu (f. 6r).
- Parvati (Hindu deity)
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Prayers (documents)
- Hymns (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1427: Aduḥkhanavamīvratakathā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.