Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 143 Prayogaratna / प्रयोगरत्न
- Nārāyaṇa Bhaṭṭa
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 143
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958608863503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a compendium of quotations from other authored works dealing with various kinds of rites and sacrifice. Work was compiled in the early 16th century. One work quoted is the Smārtapiṇḍapitṛyajñaprayoga, which outlines the rules for performing offerings of small rice balls to one's immediate ancestors. Manuscript is incomplete.
- Title from colophon (f. 14r).
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- 14 leaves foliated 1-14, upper middle and lower right verso.
- Internal colophon: itī śrīmadviddanmuktūamāṇikyahīrāṃkuraśrīmadbhaṭṭarāmeśvarasutabhaṭṭanārāyaṇakṛte prayogaratne smārttapiṃḍapitṛyajñaprayogaḥ // (f. 14r).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (14 leaves) : 9 x 23 cm
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Ancestor worship--Hinduism
- Rice--Religious aspects
- Worship (Hinduism)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 143: Prayogaratna are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.