Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 145 Ṛṣitarpaṇa / ऋषितर्पण
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 145
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958608873503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a manual used by priests for making water libations in honor of the primordial sages (ṛṣis). Manuscript is a collection of some of the offerings mentioned in the larger work and includes the Kātīyasnānavidhi and Yajñapavītasaṃskāra. The front page contains twenty-five mantras dedicated to the Hindu deity Kṛṣṇa (f. 1r).
- Title from marginal abbreviations throughout manuscript.
- Written in 7-8 lines per leaf.
- 25 leaves foliated 1-25, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (25 leaves) : 10 x 24 cm
ColophonColophon: iti maṃtreṇa yajñopavītagraṃthiṃ kuryāt / dakṣiṇahastena spṛśet / tatodaśa[kṛ]tvasāvivyāmaṃtritārāpaḥ miraṭbhiḥ saṃvet / savaṃsaṃskṛtaṃ yajñopavītaṃ ṣārapet // (f. 25r).
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Worship (Hinduism)
- Water--Religious aspects
- Hindu mantras
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 145: Ṛṣitarpaṇa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.