Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1452 Janmāṣṭamīvratakathā / जन्माष्टमीव्रतकथा
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1452
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957792963503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Observances (vrata), rites, and worship (pūjā) performed during the month of Bhādrapada (August-September) in honor of the supposed birthday of the Hindu deity Kṛṣṇa. Additional foliation (f. 122-129) suggests that it was part of a larger manuscript and was likely housed with similar texts; Item 1460 was very likely housed with this manuscript and created by the same scribe. Possibly a larger work containing different vratas was separated to be more profitable.
- Title from colophon (f. 8v).
- Written in 9-10 lines per leaf.
- 8 leaves foliated 1-8, lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (8 leaves) : 11 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībhaviṣyottarapurāṇe janmāṣṭamīvratakathāsaṃpūrṇāṃ (f. 8v).
- Krishna (Hindu deity)
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1452: Janmāṣṭamīvratakathā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.