Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1462 Vaiśvadeva / वैश्वदेव
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1462
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9964155493503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Guide with associated rules and laws of dharma for rites, prayers, and mantras for recitation and to perform offerings and sacrifice to the Vedic gods; connected to or once part of the Agnihotra (fire sacrifice) and homa rites; the rites are identical to the Devayajña. Manuscript lacks an ending.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; metrical accents in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 10 x 16 cm
- Homa (Rite)
- Agnihotra (Hindu rite)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1462: Vaiśvadeva are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.