Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1464 Veṇidānavidhi / वेणिदानविधि
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1464
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9964155513503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manual with associated rules and laws (dharma) for making offerings (dāna) of hair, especially by Hindu women.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r).
- Written in 13-14 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1, , upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; blue, European, machine-made paper.
- Watermarks of the top part of a Britannia image as well as the date 1859.
- Dated after 1859 based on watermark.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 12 x 21 cm
- Hair--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Hindu women
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1464: Veṇidānavidhi are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.