Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1467 Śivapūjā / शिवपूजा
Other related names
- Gāḍagīla, Janārdana Koṇḍadeva, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1467
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9964155553503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manual with associated rules and laws (dharma) for ceremonies associated with the worship (pūjā) of the Hindu deity Śiva.
- Title from colophon (f. 2v).
- Written in 12 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1743 (1821) (f. 2v).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; paper treated with yellow turmeric powder to protect the manuscript from insects.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 11 x 16 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śivapūjā samāptā // (f. 2v).
- Formerly owned by Janārdana Koṇḍadeva Gāḍagila (f. 2v), likely from the village of Gāḍagī in present-day Jarakhand, India, as with some other manuscripts in the collection (for example, Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1027, f. 61r).
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1467: Śivapūjā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.