Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1470 Budhāṣṭamīvrata / बुधाष्टमीव्रत
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1470
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957836533503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Observances (vrata) related to food, bathing, and other rites, performed for the worship and veneration of the Hindu goddess Pārvatī as well as a deity in the form of the planet (graha) named Budha (Mercury). Performed on the eighth day of the month of Vaiśākha. Presented as a conversation between the Hindu deity Kṛṣṇa and the legendary king Yudhiṣṭhira.
- Title from colophon (f. 10r).
- Written in 8-10 lines per leaf.
- 10 leaves foliated 1-10, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (10 leaves) : 11 x 16 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībhaviṣyottarapurāṇe kṛṣṇayudhiṣṭhirasaṃvāde budhāṣṭamivratakathāsamāptā // (f. 10r).
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Hindu goddesses
- Parvati (Hindu deity)
- Hindu astrology
- Bathing customs--India
- Food--India--Religious aspects
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Krishna (Hindu deity)
- Yudhiṣṭhira (Hindu mythology)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1470: Budhāṣṭamīvrata are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.