Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1474 Naiṣadhamahākāvya. / नैषधमहाकाव्य
- Śrīharṣa, active 12th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1474
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9964155603503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is employed for recitation and consultation and is the eleventh chapter of the well known Hindu epic love story, as retold by Śrīharśa, about Nala, king of the Niṣadas, and his wife Damayantī.
- Title from colophon (f. 13r).
- Written in 8 lines per leaf.
- 13 leaves foliated 1-13, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (13 leaves) : 10 x 26 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīnaiṣadhamahākāvye ekādaśaḥ sargaḥ saṃpūrṇaḥ // (f. 13r).
- Hindu mythology
- Nala (Hindu mythology)
- Damayantī (Hindu mythology)
- Marriage--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1474: Naiṣadhamahākāvya. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.