Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1477 Naiṣadhacarita. / नैषधचरित
- Śrīharṣa, active 12th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1477
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9964249333503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and contains the thirteenth section (sarga) of this well known story, a Hindu epic love story about Nala, king of the Niṣadas, and his wife Damayantī, how they came to be married and their subsequent exploits.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins.
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- 6 leaves foliated 1-6, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with quadruple red line.
Extent1 item (6 leaves) : 10 x 26 cm
ColophonColophon: iti trayodaśaḥ sargaḥ pūrṇaḥ // 13 // śrī // (f. 6).
- Nala (Hindu mythology)
- Damayantī (Hindu mythology)
- Hindu mythology
- Marriage--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1477: Naiṣadhacarita. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.