Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1480 Kumārasambhava. / कुमारसम्भव
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1480
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9964249573503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is the third chapter from Kālidāsa's well known poem about the birth of the Hindu deity Skanda, also known as Kārttikeya.
- Title from margins throughout, upper left verso.
- Written in 4-7 lines per leaf.
- 7 leaves foliated 1-7, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical left margin marked with single black line.
Extent1 item (7 leaves) : 11 x 26 cm
- Hindu mythology
- Kārttikeya (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1480: Kumārasambhava. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.