Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1495 Naiṣadīyaprakāśa sarga 14 / नैषदीयप्रकाश सर्ग १४
TitleNaiṣadīyaprakāśa sarga 14
नैषदीयप्रकाश सर्ग १४
- Nārāyaṇa Bedarakara
Other related names
- Viśvanāthabhaṭṭa Goḍisa (Son of Raghunāthabhaṭṭa), former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1495
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9964457453503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and is a commentary (prakāśa) on the fourteenth section (sarga) of this Hindu epic love story about Nala, king of the Niṣadas, and his wife Damayantī, how they came to be married and their subsequent exploits.
- Title from colophon (f. 18v).
- Written in 13-15 lines per leaf.
- 18 leaves foliated 1-18, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some verse numbers highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 item (18 leaves) : 12 x 28 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīvedarakaropanāmaśrīmannṛsiṃhapaṃḍitātmajanārāyaṇakṛte naiṣadhīyaprakāka[śe] caturdaśaḥ sargaḥ // sargasaṃkhyāśloka 8 60 // śrī (f. 18v).
- Formerly owned by Viśvanāthabhaṭṭa Goḍisa, son of Raghunāthabhaṭṭa, along with manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1496, Item 1497, and Item 1498, which were originally part of the same manuscript. Owner's name is on Item 1496 (f. 23v).
- Nala (Hindu mythology)
- Damayantī (Hindu mythology)
- Hindu mythology
- Marriage--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1495: Naiṣadīyaprakāśa sarga 14 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.