Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1514 Raghuvaṃśa. / रघुवंश
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1514
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9964459113503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is employed for contemplation and study and is a poetic work that deals with the exploits of the Raghu dynasty, important as a kind of mythic background to and retelling of elements of the Hindu epic, the Rāmāyaṇa. Manuscript contains the commentary by Mallinātha running parallel above and below the root text.
- Title from colophon (f. 13r).
- Written in 10-13 lines per leaf.
- 13 leaves foliated 1-13, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with quadruple black line.
Extent1 item (13 leaves) : 11 x 26 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīraghu // vaṃśe mahākāvyakālidāsakṛtau rāmābhigamanonāmatrayodaśaḥ sargaḥ // 13 // (f. 13r).
- Hindu mythology
- Rāma (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1514: Raghuvaṃśa. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.