Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1523 Naiṣadhacarita. / नैषधचरित
- Śrīharṣa, active 12th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1523
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967552273503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is the fifth section (sarga) of this Hindu epic love story about Nala, king of the Niṣadas, and his wife Damayantī, how they came to be married and their subsequent exploits. Manuscript is incomplete, containing only verses 1-95. There is an unidentified commentary (ṭīkā) running parallel, above and below the root text.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins; title of commentary Naiṣadhacaritaṭīkā from title abbreviations in margins.
- Written in 10-14 lines per leaf.
- 15 leaves foliated 1-15, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with quadruple black line.
Extent1 item (15 leaves) : 13 x 34 cm
- Damayantī (Hindu mythology)
- Nala (Hindu mythology)
- Hindu mythology
- Marriage--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1523: Naiṣadhacarita. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.