Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1525 Subhāṣitasuradruma. / सुभाषितसुरद्रुम
- Basavaraja, King of Keladi, approximately 1684-approximately 1745
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1525
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967809003503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Poetic and mythological sayings and maxims compiled as a repository of ethical and political guidance and instructions for making good decisions through poetry and Hindu mythology. Manuscript is comprised of the first and the beginning of the second part of the fourth section (skandha) of this work.
- Title from colophon (f. 8r).
- Written in 8-10 lines per leaf.
- 8 leaves foliated 1-8, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (8 leaves) : 13 x 31 cm
ColophonColophon: iti sūbhāṣitasūradrume caturthaskaṃdhe jagadvaicitryaciṃtānāmaprathamastavakaḥ // (f. 8r).
- Hindu mythology
- Maxims, Sanskrit
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1525: Subhāṣitasuradruma. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.