Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1531 Raghuvaṃśa. / रघुवंश
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1531
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967164323503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is employed for contemplation and recitation and is a poetic work that deals with the exploits of the Raghu dynasty, important as a mythic background to and retelling of elements of the Hindu epic, the Rāmāyaṇa.
- Title from colophon (f. 8v).
- Written in 8-10 lines per leaf.
- 8 leaves foliated 1-8, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered with yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; numbers highlighted in red throughout..Final folio written in a second scribal hand.
- There is a watermark of a partial name or title.
Extent1 item (8 leaves) : 9 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīdharaghuvaṃśe mahakāvye kālidāsakṛtau ṣaṣṭhamaḥ sargaḥ // (f. 8v).
- Hindu mythology
- Rāma (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1531: Raghuvaṃśa. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.