Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1533 Vāgbhūṣanakāvya / वाग्भूषनकाव्य
- Rāmacandra, active 16th century
Other related names
- Prabhākaraśīghra (Son of Sadāśiva), scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1533
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967590113503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
A treatise or manual on Sanskrit rhetoric (alaṃkāraśāstra) and poetics.
- Scribe is Prabhākaraśīghra the son of Sadāśiva (f. 8r). This may be the same Sadāśiva who is the scribe of many other manuscripts at Penn Libraries, as well as a teacher of other scribes. Examples of his work include Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1279, Item 1280, and Item 1281.
- Written in 15-17 lines per leaf.
- 8 leaves foliated 1-8, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1798 (1876) f. 8r).
- Mistakes blacked out; additions and corrections in margins.
Extent1 item (8 leaves) : 15 x 20 cm (folded)
- Sanskrit poetry
- Sanskrit language--Rhetoric
- Aesthetics, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1533: Vāgbhūṣanakāvya are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.