Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 154 Ratnatulāmahādānaprayoga / रत्नतुलामहादानप्रयोग
- Nārāyaṇa Bhaṭṭa
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 154
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958609023503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a manual for consultation by Hindu priests or other relevant party. Text sets out rules of conduct or religious laws governing offerings supposed to be equal (tulā) to someone's weight in gems or jewels for the purpose of expiating sins. Text is taken from a larger work called the Mahādānaprayoga, which outlines rules for similar kinds of rites of expiation and offerings of similar great gifts (mahādāna).
- Title from colophon (f. 7r).
- Written in 8 lines per leaf.
- 7 leaves foliated 1-7, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (7 leaves) : 10 x 24 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībhaṭṭarāmeśvarasūrisūnunārāyaṇabhaṭṭakṛtamahādānaprayogaratnatulāmahādānaprayogaḥ // 100 // śrīviśveśvarāya namaḥ // (f. 7r).
- Gems--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Gifts--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 154: Ratnatulāmahādānaprayoga are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.