Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1548 Naiṣadhīyaprakāśa. / नैषधीयप्रकाश
- Nārāyaṇa Bedarakara
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1548
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967169063503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is employed for recitation and consultation and presents a commentary on the Naiṣadhīyacarita, the well known Hindu epic love story as retold by Śrīharśa, about Nala, king of the Niṣadas, and his wife Damayantī. Manuscript consists of the ninth section (sarga) of the commentary. Manuscript was part of a larger work that included Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1549.
- Title from colophon (f. 30r).
- Written in 12-20 lines per leaf.
- 30 leaves foliated 1-30, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red near the beginning and the end of the manuscript; vertical margins marked with double and quadruple black line through some parts of the manuscript.
Extent1 item (30 leaves) : 11 x 28 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībedarakaropanāmaśrīmannarasiṃhapaṃḍitātmajanārāyaṇakṛtau naiṣedhīyaprakāśe navamaḥ sargaḥ // (f. 30r).
- Hindu mythology
- Nala (Hindu mythology)
- Damayantī (Hindu mythology)
- Marriage--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1548: Naiṣadhīyaprakāśa. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.