Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 155 Abhyudayikaśrāddhaprayoga / अभ्युदयिकश्राद्धप्रयोग
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 155
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958609043503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is to be used by a priest or family member performing funeral rites, outlining the correct procedures and religious laws governing offerings to various ancestors (who should be named) to help the deceased on their passage to the afterworld.
- Title from incipit (f. 7v).
- Written in 7 lines per leaf.
- 7 leaves foliated 1-7, lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1922 (1865) (f. 7v).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- European paper with watermarks.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (7 leaves) : 12 x 23 cm
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu funeral rites and ceremonies
- Ancestor worship--Hinduism
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 155: Abhyudayikaśrāddhaprayoga are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.