Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1557 Naiṣadha. / नैषध
- Śrīharṣa, active 12th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1557
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967560113503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is the fifth section (sarga) of this Hindu epic love story about Nala, king of the Niṣadas, and his wife Damayantī, how they came to be married and their subsequent exploits.
- Title from colophon (f. 12v).
- Written in 8-11 lines per leaf.
- 12 leaves foliated 1-12, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (12 leaves) : 11 x 22 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīninaiṣadhe paṃcamasargaḥ // 66 // śrīkṛṣṇo jayati // (f. 12v).
- Hindu mythology
- Nala (Hindu mythology)
- Damayantī (Hindu mythology)
- Marriage--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1557: Naiṣadha. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.