Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1566 Cāṇakyarājanīti / चाणक्यराजनीति
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1566
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967593333503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a condensed version, essence (sāra), of this treatise on ethics, politics, and rules of conduct for kings according to dharma.
- Title from colophon; alternate title Cāṇakyasārasaṃgraha from notes on manuscript supporting board.
- Written in 8 lines per leaf.
- 12 leaves foliated 1-12, upper left verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1886 (1829) (f. 12r).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; manuscript was previously bound and glued as a codex and text is oriented for turning the folios from right to left.
- Paper board for support with additional notes.
Extent1 item (12 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīcāṇakyarājanīti saṃpūrṇaṃ sa[ṃ]vat 1886 (f. 12r).
- Hindu ethics
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1566: Cāṇakyarājanīti are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.