Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1569 Śṛṅgāravilāsa / शृङ्गारविलास
- Jagannātha Paṇḍitarāja
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1569
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967566063503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
The second and largest of the four sections comprising the Bhāminīvilāsa, a treatise and compendium of sayings or maxims focused on different topics. While other sections focus on philosophy, ethics, morality, and other related topics, this section focuses on sexual and erotic love. The work draws from Hindu mythology by way of illustration and example.
- Title from colophon (f. 14r).
- Written in 14 lines per leaf.
- 14 leaves foliated 1-14, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; verse dividers highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (14 leaves) : 10 x 24 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śṛaṃgāravilāsaḥ // (f. 14r).
- Love--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Sex--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Maxims, Sanskrit
- Hindu mythology
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1569: Śṛṅgāravilāsa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.