Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 157 Satyanārāyaṇapūjāvidhi / सत्यनारायणपूजाविधि
Other related names
- Rāmakṛṣṇabhaṭa Karberalakara, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 157
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958609053503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a guide or manual outlining correct procedures for priest or Hindu householders performing rites of worship (pūjā) in honor of the Hindu deity Nārāyaṇa, a form of the deity Viṣṇu.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r); alternate title Pūjāvidhi from colophon (f. 2v).
- Written in 13-15 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 15 x 23 cm
ColophonColophon: iti pūjāvidhi // samāpta // (f. 2v).
- Formerly owned by Rāmakṛṣṇabhaṭa Karberalakara (f. 2v).
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Nārāyaṇa (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 157: Satyanārāyaṇapūjāvidhi are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.