Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1582 Āśvalāyanadharmaśāstra / आश्वलायनधर्मशास्त्र
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1582
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967589023503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a Hindu law code for performing various kinds of ancient rites and ceremonies and is especially focused on the performing of Vedic funeral rites (śrāddha) from the traditional school (śākhā) associated with Āśvalāyana.
- Title from colophon (f. 51r); alternate title Āśvalāyanasmṛti from colophon (f. 51r).
- Written in 9-12 lines per leaf.
- 53 leaves foliated 1-53, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in yellow at beginning of manuscript; vertical margins marked with double red line and single yellow line.
Extent1 item (52 leaves) : 10 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: ity āśvalāyanadharmaśāstre śrāddhopayogīprakarayāṃ saṃpūrṇaṃ // ity āśvilāyanasmṛtiḥ samāptiḥ jñātaḥ // śubhaṃ bhavatu // (f. 51r).
- Funeral rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1582: Āśvalāyanadharmaśāstra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.