Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1589 Ācārārkaprakāśa / आचारार्कप्रकाश
- Divākara, active 12th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1589
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967589283503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manual and treatise on Hindu law (dharma) likely taken from a much large work or compendium on Dharmaśāstra, possibly the Dharmaśāstrasudhānidhi by the same author; focuses especially on rites and customs related to veneration (pūjā) of the sun through mantras and other religious formulas. Text represents a collection of practices found in other sources such as the Kūrmapurāṇa (f. 2v).
- Title from colophon (f. 11r); alternate title Pūjāvidhānācārārkaprakāśa from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 11 leaves foliated 1-11, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 item (11 leaves) : 10 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībharadvājamahādevabhaṭṭātmanasakalavidyābhidhānaśrīdivārakṛte ācārārkaprakāśeṣṭadho vibhaktasya divasasya prathamabhāgakṛtyaṃ sanātanaṃcinmayamādivījaṃ saṃsāravṛkṣasya girāmagamyaṃ rāmābhidhaṃjyotiraharniśaṃtadvadakṣakośe sphuranāvyadīye athadvitīyabhāgakṛtyaṃ // (f. 11r).
- Hindu law
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Sun worship--India
- Hindu mantras
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1589: Ācārārkaprakāśa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.