Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1596 Dharmasindhu. / धर्मसिन्धु
- Kāśīnātha Upādhyāya, -1805
Other related names
- Bāladīkṣitadeva (Son of Anantadeva), scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1596
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967593803503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is the first section (pariccheda) of a larger work on matters pertaining to Hindu religious laws and customs (dharma) and is a compendium of various rules and guidelines governing different Hindu rituals, practices, prayers, and observances (vratas); contains descriptions of systems of time and describes the best times of year to perform various rituals, such as the worship (pūjā) associated with specific deities.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins.
- Written in 12 lines per leaf.
- 29 leaves foliated 1-29, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red. Decorative border on lower cover (f. 29v).
- Manuscript was originally part of a larger manuscript that included Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1595.
- Scribe is Bāladīkṣitadeva, son of Anantadeva (f. 29r).
Extent1 item (29 leaves) : 12 x 25 cm
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Drawings (visual works)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1596: Dharmasindhu. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- fol. 29v — Ink decorated borders, f. 29v
2202_0029.tif (52.9 MB)
2202_0029_thumb.jpg (3.7 KB)
2202_0029_web.jpg (231.2 KB)
Decoration: Ink decorated borders, f. 29v