Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1598 Viṣṇupañcāyatana / विष्णुपञ्चायतन
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1598
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957944103503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Incomplete manuscript discussing the worship of the Hindu deity Viṣṇu and especially an image of the deity. Rites such as bathing the image with special sacred foods (milk, ghee, yogurt, and others) are prescribed.
- Title from margin abbreviation (f. 1r); alternate title Viṣṇupūjā from incipit (f. 1r).
- Written in 10-11 lines per leaf.
- 1 leaf.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (1 leaves) : 11 x 30 cm
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Idols and images--Worship
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1598: Viṣṇupañcāyatana are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.