Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1609 Manuṭīkā. / मनुटीका
- Govindarāja (Son of Mādhava Bhaṭṭa)
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1609
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967751233503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a later copy of an 11th- or 12th-century commentary on the sixth chapter of the Manusmṛti, also known as the Mānavadharmaśāstra, a 1st century work on Hindu law (dharma), rites, customs, and religious life of that period.
- Title from colophon (f. 15r); alternate title Manusmṛtiṭīkā from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 11 lines per leaf.
- 15 leaves foliated 1-15, lower right verso.
- Manuscript was originally part of a larger manuscript that included Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1604, Item 1605, Item 1606, Item 1607, Item 1608, Item 1610, Item 1611, Item 1612, Item 1613, Item 1614, and Item 1615.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (15 leaves) : 13 x 29 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībhaṭṭamādhavātmajagoviṃdarājaviracitāyāṃ manuṭīkāyāṃ manvāśayānusāriṇyāṃ yati dharmmaḥ ṣaṣṭo 'dhyāyaḥ // samāptaḥ // ūnamobhagavate śrīvāsudevāya namaḥ // (f. 15r).
- Hindu law
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1609: Manuṭīkā. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.