Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1629 Saṃskārendu / संस्कारेन्दु
- Tryaṃbaka (Son of Nārāyaṇa)
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1629
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967798253503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a collection of Hindu laws (dharma) pertaining to various domestic rites and ceremonies such as funeral rites, rituals for cures of illness, and others.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 7 lines per leaf.
- 78 leaves foliated 1-78, upper left and lower right verso.
- Date after 1839 based on watermarks.
- Watermarks with the name Hall and the date of 1839.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with triple red line.
Extent1 item (78 leaves) : 10 x 33 cm
- Hindu law
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Funeral rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1629: Saṃskārendu are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.