Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 163 Trikālasaṃdhyātarpaṇa / त्रिकालसंध्यातर्पण
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 163
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958608803503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a kind of manual for priests or householders outlining the performance of daily rites of transition (at waking, before noon meal, and before sleep), containing a selection of hymns (some drawn from Vedic sources such as the Gāyatrī mantra) to be recited along with a set of observances.
- Title from colophon (f. 6v); alternate title Trikālasaṃdhyā supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 15-18 lines per leaf.
- 6 leaves foliated 1-6, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1834 (1787) (f. 6r).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (6 leaves) : 10 x 24 cm
ColophonColophon: iti gāyatrīvidhi // trikālasaṃdhyātarpaṇaṃ samāptaṃ // (f. 6r).
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Morning customs--Religious aspects
- Noon--Religious aspects
- Night--Religious aspects
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 163: Trikālasaṃdhyātarpaṇa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.