Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1637 Kālanirṇaya / कालनिर्णय
- Mādhava, -1386
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1637
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967919813503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for consultation and study and is a philosophical discussion of time and the rules (Hindu law, dharma) that govern the performance of various kinds of religious observances, especially Vedic rituals.
- Title from note on final folio (f. 9v); alternate title Kālamādhavīya supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 11-12 lines per leaf.
- 9 leaves foliated 1-9, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 item (9 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
- Hindu law
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Philosophy, Indic
- Hindu philosophy
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1637: Kālanirṇaya are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.